Table of Contents
Instructions to Upload a Custom Store List
1. After logging into Cuebiq, you will find yourself on the home page. On the left side of the page, you will find a tab labeled "My Stores". Please click on this to proceed.
2. On the screen you should find "Your Geosets". To create a new Geoset, click on the button in the upper right corner labeled "Add Geoset". This will take you to the creation pop-up menu where you can upload a list of stores.
3. Now that the menu is open, you can start filling in all the information required:
- Geoset Name: This is the name that you will use to refer to this Geoset. This can be whatever is most useful to help identify this geoset.
- Upload File: Please refer to the last section on this page to find instructions on proper formatting and instructions to upload your places list.
- *Dwell Time: This is the minimum and maximum amount of minutes that a device needs to be seen in a location in order to attribute the device to a visit. For example, the default values are 10 and 150. This means a device must be seen in a specific location from any amount of time from 10-150 minutes in order to be measured.
- *POI Radius: Distance (in meters) measured around the central latitude and longitude of the location that a device is allowed to be see in. For example, if the radius selected is 30 meters, then if a device is seen in that radius for the specified dwell time, we can safely say that device was seen in that POI.
- *Opening Times: Here you can select the opening and closing hours for the POIs.
*Note: These parameters won’t be considered by Audience Builder’s targeting engine. Therefore, changes to the fields below will be valid for Measurement purposes only.
Uploading Places File
Before you upload your Places file, we recommend you download our CSV templates in order to see how the POI list should be formatted. When uploading a CSV please ensure that the file has the necessary headers included below.
Minimal CSV: This file has the format of the minimal amount of information needed to create a Geoset (headers are necessary). This includes:
- Placename: Name of the store location
- Placeaddress: This should be in the format of Street Address, City, State Zipcode
- Country: Country where the POI is located
- Full CSV: This file has the format of the full amount of locations needed if accessible (headers are necessary). This includes the same 3 fields as the Minimal CSV, but also:
- latitude: Latitude of the POI
- longitude: Longitude of the POI
- placedwelltimemin: Minimum time, in minutes, for a device to be seen at a POI
- placedwelltimemax: Maximum time, in minutes, for a device to be seen at a POI
- placeradiusmeters: Radius around a specific location
- geometry: Please leave out this column and header when creating your CSV. If you are using the template, please remove this column before you upload the CSV.
- This column is for geo.JSON, if you would like to use this, please reach out to your Cuebiq Representative.
4. Press start import and then wait until your Geoset has been fully uploaded before you use it in the Measurement platform or the Audience Builder.
The application will perform a validation for each POI, and if one or more POIs have some kind of problem (e.g., there is no geometry and the address is invalid) then they are removed from the final geoset, while all the others are correctly loaded. The SMS will give you a report of the failed rows of the CSV file in the popup window where the final number of correct/failed POIs are written. Example below:
For a step by step video, please see below: